BUG #13771: Clarify length of name for prepared statement and return error. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From wcatron@catrondevelopment.com
Subject BUG #13771: Clarify length of name for prepared statement and return error.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13771
Logged by:          Weston Catron
Email address:      wcatron@catrondevelopment.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   linux

Please clarify in the documentation how long a prepared statement name can
be. I tested it at 63 characters. This was not made clear anywhere and I was
running into issues where the differences were past the 63 character mark
and it was trying to run queries with the wrong statement. It also only
CLIPED it didn't return an error of any kind.