Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Translation updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Translation updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Translation updates
>
> Source-Git-URL: git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgtranslation/messages.git
> Source-Git-Hash: cd263526676705b4a8a3a708c9842461c4a2bcc3

Hi Peter,

Would you please document this process?  I know it all starts with this
repository,
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgtranslation/admin.git
and then cp-po-back is used to copy the files from the messages.git repo
to the postgresql.git repo, but it would be better to have more details.
Is there more to it?

(It would also be good to know how to create new branches and how to
destroy one when it goes out of support.)

I would do this by editing this page
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NLS/admin
and then adding a link to it from
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_process#Before-wrap_tasks
(I decided against doing it myself in case you have different ideas.)

Thanks