Re: Rework the way multixact truncations work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Rework the way multixact truncations work
Date
Re: Rework the way multixact truncations work  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 11:11:42AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On November 8, 2015 12:54:07 AM PST, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>
> >I have pushed a stack of branches to
> >https://github.com/nmisch/postgresql.git:
> >
> >mxt0-revert - reverts commits 4f627f8 and aa29c1c
> >mxt1-disk-independent - see below
> >mxt2-cosmetic - update already-wrong comments and formatting
> >mxt3-main - replaces commit 4f627f8
> >mxt4-rm-legacy - replaces commit aa29c1c
> >
> >The plan is to squash each branch into one PostgreSQL commit.  In
> >addition to
> >examining overall "git diff mxt2-cosmetic mxt3-main", I recommend
> >reviewing
> >itemized changes and commit log entries in "git log -p --reverse
> >--no-merges
> >mxt2-cosmetic..mxt3-main".  In particular, when a change involves
> >something
> >you discussed upthread or was otherwise not obvious, I put a statement
> >of
> >rationale in the commit log.
>
> I'm not following along right now - in order to make cleanups the plan is to revert a couple commits and then redo
themprettyfied?

Yes, essentially.  Given the volume of updates, this seemed neater than
framing those updates as in-tree incremental development.