Re: psql completion for ids in multibyte string - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: psql completion for ids in multibyte string
Date
Re: psql completion for ids in multibyte string  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi. Thank you for the comments.

The revised version is attaced.
- A typo is fixed in the comment for PQmblen().- Do the same fix to PQdsplen().

At Thu, 5 Nov 2015 18:32:59 +0900, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<563B224B.3020400@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> On 2015/11/05 18:10, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > Hello. I don't know whether this is a bug fix or improvement,
>
> Would it be 50-50? :-)

Yeah, honestly saying, I doubt that this is valuable but feel
uneasy to see some of the candidates vanish as completon proceeds
for no persuasive reason.

> In the following change,
>
> - * returns the byte length of the word beginning s, using the
> - * specified encoding.
> + * returns the byte length of the character beginning s, using the specified
> + * encoding.
>

> Just a minor nitpick -
>
> ... character beginning *at* s ...?
>
> If so, there would be one more instance to fix.

I think so.  I overlooked both of them. And as you mention,
PQdsplen has the same kind of typo. It returns display length of
the *character* beginning *at* s, too.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi