Re: Add EXTRA_CFLAGS to configure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Wagner
Subject Re: Add EXTRA_CFLAGS to configure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 02:42:19PM +0100, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >> I use COPT for this purpose.
> >
> > Unless I miss something you can't just pass that to configure though,
> > right? I.e. it has to be passed to each make invocation?
>
> What I do is:
>
> echo COPT=-Wall -Werror > src/Makefile.custom

Make will pick up variables from the environment.  So unless the
makefile goes out of its way to circumvent it, you can just do

COPT=-Werror
export COPT

and then run your usual configure/compile cycle.  There's no
specific need to modify the makefiles or pass extra arguments
into make.

--
nw