Re: Multiple word synonyms (maybe?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim van der Linden
Subject Re: Multiple word synonyms (maybe?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:40:38 +0000 (UTC)
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

> > Damn, I completely overlooked that one, and it indeed does seem
> > to come very close to what I need in this use case.
>
> I have to admit that the name of that dictionary type threw me off
> a bit at first.

Indeed :)

> It has been a while, but my recollection is that I did something
> more like this:
>
> heart attack : heartattack
> acute mi : heartattack
> mi : heartattack
> myocardial infarction : heartattack​
>
> If my memory is to be trusted, both the original words (whichever
> are actually in the document) and the "invented" synonym
> ("heartattack") will be in the tsvector/tsquery; this results in
> all *matching* but the identical wording being considered a *closer
> match*.

Hmm, a very helpful insight and it indeed makes sense to convert each phrase into a "single word" mash-up so it can be
lexemized.

> As with most things, I encourage you to play around with it a bit
> to see what gives the best results for you.

Yes indeed and will do!

Thank you very much for your help. If I get this up and running it might offer a nice opportunity to write a small post
aboutthis to expand on my PostgreSQL series...

> --
> Kevin Grittner
> EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company