Re: pg_restore cancel TODO - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_restore cancel TODO
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 08:28:34AM -0700, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jeff Janes wrote:
> >> I've added the TODO item:
> >>
> >> When pg_upgrade -j ... is interrupted (for example, ctrl-C from the
> >> keyboard) make it cancel the children processes.
> >>
> >> The context where this arises is that I want to populate data into a new
> >> installation compiled with a patch under review, but immediately get error
> >> messages indicating I forgot to install a required extension.  I hit ctrl-C
> >> so I can fix the problem, but it keeps running anyway.
>
> > This looks more like a bug to me than a To-do item.
>
> Why doesn't the control-C kill all the child processes automatically?
> I'd have expected it to ...

I don't know.  On Unix we use fork() and on Windows we use thread.  It
is not clear in the TODO list which platform this is for.  I don't see
any signal control in the pg_upgrade source code.

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +