Re: PATCH: 9.5 replication origins fix for logical decoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: PATCH: 9.5 replication origins fix for logical decoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-10-15 16:02:23 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> There's an oversight in replication origins support in logical
> decoding, where the origin node ID isn't passed correctly to callbacks
> except for the origin filter callback. All other callbacks see it as
> InvalidRepOriginId.

Only for the transaction, right? I.e. the stuff on changes should be
correct? Your description sounds like it's more than that?

I don't think your fix is entirely correct, the
XLogRecGetOrigin(buf->record) shouldn't be in the XACT_XINFO_HAS_ORIGIN
block.

Your test prints the origins from the transaction instead the changes -
why?

Greetings,

Andres Freund