Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:
> > I think we could continue to have the parameter except that it throws an
> > error if you try to set it to something other than 0.
>
> That'll make it hard to ever remove it tho.

Well, we just have to wait until 9.4 is out of support (so by the time
we're releasing 9.9, or 9.8 if we don't get release cycles under
control).  As far as I recall we still have the alias entry for sort_mem
in map_old_guc_names, and what grief does it cause?

> Not sure if it's worth doing so for a dubious use of the variable.

What would you recommend then?  Forcing the user to specify the version
before the connection is established is not nice.