Re: [DOCS] max_worker_processes on the standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [DOCS] max_worker_processes on the standby
Date
Re: [DOCS] max_worker_processes on the standby  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:

> What happens if pg_xact_commit_timestamp() is called in standby after
> track_commit_timestamp is disabled in master, DeactivateCommitTs() is
> called and all commit_ts files are removed in standby? I tried that case
> and got the following assertion failure.

Ah.  So the standby needs to keep the module activated if it's enabled
locally, even when it receives a message that the master turned it off.
Here's a patch.

Thanks for your continued testing!

Attachment