Re: error on CREATE INDEX when restoring from dump file: could not read block 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: error on CREATE INDEX when restoring from dump file: could not read block 0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 20:13:17 -0500
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:

Hi Jim, Tom

> Not to mention the issue of what happens when someone updates tblcontrat
> or tblagent. (It'd be cool if we had cross-table indexes, but this
> certainly isn't how to do it...)

I have checks in the application logic to prevent changes in those tables that would invalidate the index.

Tom explained my problem here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/87tx0dc80x.fsf@news-spur.riddles.org.uk

I guess I'll have to live without it for now; the speed increase in queries is nice, but not humanly noticeable as the
tablesare not huge.

I can resort to a denormalized field holding the value of id_contrat. I was trying to avoid that, hence the calculated
index,but it appears not to be much better.

--
                    Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://legalcase.libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software