Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kam,

* Kam Lasater (ckl@seekayel.com) wrote:
> > ... The above-referenced individuals
> > would be the bug tracking system curators, of course.  Unless it's got
> > serious technical issues, the infrastructure team will do our best to
> > support the choice.  On the other hand, some of us would likely be
> > involved in bug curation also.
>
> Stephen,
>
> In digging around more I found this wiki page that seems to be the
> closest thing to a BT: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
>
> Is the curation already being done? If the contents of that wiki page
> were injected into a BT, would that be enough of a start?

If you look at what happens on the -bugs mailing list, you'll see very
quickly that a bug tracker and the Todo wiki page are very different.
Perhaps the Todo could be squeezed into a bug tracker, but many of the
items on there might well end up as 'wontfix' (to use the debbugs
lingo).

That is certainly not the same curation as what a BT would require.

Thanks!

Stephen