Re: Rework the way multixact truncations work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Rework the way multixact truncations work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-09-23 15:57:02 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think we need to make a decision here.  Is this a terribly serious
> bug/misdesign that needs addressing?

Imo yes. Not sure about terribly, but definitely serious. It's several
data loss bugs in one package.

> If so, we need to backpatch.  If not, then by all means lets leave it
> alone.  I don't think it is a good idea to leave it open if we think
> it's serious, which is what I think is happening.

Right, but I don't want to backpatch this over an objection, and it
doesn't seem like I have a chance to convince Robert that it'd be a good
idea. So it'll be 9.5+master for now.

Greetings,

Andres Freund