Re: how to show time zone with numerical offset in CSV log? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Zoet
Subject Re: how to show time zone with numerical offset in CSV log?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> Michael Zoet <Michael.Zoet@zoet.de> writes:
>> Is there a way to convince Postgres to write the date/time with
>> numerical time zone values to the log files?
>
> Try something like
>
> log_timezone = '<-0400>+4'

OK this points me in a directions I haven't read anything about in the
Postgres documentation so far.

Can you explain what '<-0400>+4' exactly means? And why the string
'<+0200>-2' prints the date & time with the correct time and +0200 for
my time zone CEST?

And how can this automatically be changed if Germany switches from
summer time (CEST with +0200) to winter time (CET +0100)?

> See the discussion of POSIX timezone names here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-TIMEZONES

I have read this several times today but really get no connections to
my problem on setting this for the date/time output on the log files.
But I am beginning to understand ;-).

THX
Michael