Re: how to show time zone with numerical offset in CSV log? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Zoet
Subject Re: how to show time zone with numerical offset in CSV log?
Date
Re: how to show time zone with numerical offset in CSV log?
List pgsql-general

> On 09/22/2015 06:31 AM, Michael Zoet wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> thanks for the quick response and it looked promising but did not work
>> as expected.
>>
>> I can set the datestyle to ISO on database level but this does not seem
>> to effect the way the CSV logs are written. I still get 2015-09-22
>> 13:06:01.658 UTC (or CEST and so on) in the log files. And as I see it
>> is not only in the CSV logs, also in the none CSV logs I have.
>>
>> Is there a way to convince Postgres to write the date/time with
>> numerical time zone values to the log files?
>
> I don't know of a way, but it seems Logstash can be told how to do
> the right thing:

Yes and no. I asked this already for Logstash ;-):

https://discuss.elastic.co/t/logstash-timestamp-error-when-cest-is-at-the-end/27843

> http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/apidocs/org/joda/time/format/DateTimeFormat.html
>
> z       time zone                    text          Pacific Standard Time; PST

A little further down it says:

Zone names: Time zone names ('z') cannot be parsed.

This means Logstash (and the Joda JAVA time library it uses) can not
parse the time zone if it is provided as a name. That's why I
need/want to change it on the Postgres level. Everything else is
really complicated to do in Logstash. I would need to provide a
conversion of the time zone name to the numerical value in my Logstash
configuration. But I still hope that this is easy fixable on the
Postgres level. Otherwise it gets unnecessary complicated...

Michael