Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS
Date
Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 03:18:21PM -0400, Adam Brightwell wrote:

> > Noah's suggestion of using a per table attribute
> > would work -- in fact I like the idea of that better than using the
> > current GUC.
>
> FWIW, I also concur with a per table attribute for this purpose.  In
> fact, I think I really like the per-table flexibility over an
> 'all-or-nothing' approach better too.

Great.  Robert, does that work for you, too?  If so, this sub-thread is
looking at three patches:

1. remove row_security=force
2. remove SECURITY_ROW_LEVEL_DISABLED; make ri_triggers.c subject to policies
3. add DDL-controlled, per-table policy forcing

They ought to land in that order.  PostgreSQL 9.5 would need at least (1) and
(2); would RLS experts find it beneficial for me to take care of those?

Thanks,
nm