BUG #13607: Creating "Readonly" User for public Shema. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ugurlu2001@hotmail.com
Subject BUG #13607: Creating "Readonly" User for public Shema.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13607
Logged by:          Ugur YILMAZ
Email address:      ugurlu2001@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.0
Operating system:   Widows 10 Pro x64

I was create a readonly user on a testdb for my new project. There are two
user types at the project: postgres and readonly. The postgres user is
working in my program with admin rights and handling all concepts
(Transactions, Create, Drop, Maintenance etc...) . And I added readonly user
to my project; protect my tables against  sql injections. readonly user only
runs SELECT STATEMENTS for reports. But when I test some tables; There is no
protect of my tables against "ALTER TABLE" commands. I think; that is an
importand bug on PostgreSQL. I hope you can add "ALTER" keyword for
"GRANT/REVOKE" command to PostgreSQL The script at the abouve that I used :

With my best regards.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32352508/create-a-user-for-select-only-on-postgresql-restrict-alter-table

CREATE ROLE readonly LOGIN PASSWORD 'thePwd';

-- Existing objects

GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE the_db TO readonly;

GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA public TO readonly;

GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;

GRANT SELECT ON ALL SEQUENCES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;

GRANT EXECUTE ON ALL FUNCTIONS IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;