Re: Scaling PostgreSQL at multicore Power8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Scaling PostgreSQL at multicore Power8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-08-31 17:54:17 +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> [scratches head] So does this mean it's worth testing the patch on x86 or
> not, in it's current state?

You could try if you're interested. But I don't think it's super
meaningful. The patch is just a POC and rather widely incorrect.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's rather important that we fix this. But
that requires, imo, conceptual/development work right now, not
performance testing.

> Or should we come up with another test case, exercising the nested
> loops?

You'd need to do that, yes.

Greetings,

Andres Freund