Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
Re: WIP: About CMake v2  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-08-28 12:32:45 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> YUriy Zhuravlev wrote:
> > Hello Hackers
> >
> > How would you react if I provided a patch which introduces a CMake build
> > system?
>
> What's your motivation for doing so?

I definitely can see some advantages. Non-broken dependencies around
recursive make being a major one. But I'm also afraid it's a rather
large undertaking. There's a fair number of special kind of rules, and
we're probably not going to want to break pgxs for extensions.

I also have some doubts around the portability of cmake and it's
generated makefiles. We do support some odd platforms.

Greetings,

Andres Freund