Re: pgsql: Add missing_ok option to the SQL functions for reading files. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: Add missing_ok option to the SQL functions for reading files.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 09:41:08PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul  5, 2015 at 08:44:41PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

> >> This has been done done as the part of a fix for the issues with
> >> pg_rewind, but perhaps it should be mentioned in the release notes?
> >
> > Yes, I will pick up that change during the creation of the 9.6 release
> > notes.
>
> Even if it has been introduced in 9.5?

Well, this is where I got lost then, because I only see it going into
master, which, uh, I thought was 9.6, but I am now realizing this was
committed before we branched.  :-(  This will be picked up when the 9.5
release notes are updated to match git.

Actually, I now see this in the 9.5 release notes:

   <simpara>Current as of 2015-08-03</simpara>

This was updated by Tom:

    ecc2d16b (Tom Lane         2015-08-03 12:29:10 -0400   10)   <simpara>Current as of 2015-08-03</simpara>

and I see Tom added it properly:

    <!--
    2015-06-28 [cb2acb1] Heikki..: Add missing_ok option to the SQL functions for..
    -->
           <para>
            Add an optional <replaceable>missing_ok</> argument to <link
            linkend="functions-admin-genfile-table"><function>pg_read_file()</></>
            and related functions (Michael Paquier, Heikki Linnakangas)
           </para>
          </listitem>

so, after all that detail, I think we are good.

  + Everyone has their own god. +