Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ewan Higgs wrote:

> So I changed volatile to _Atomic and continued (patch is in
> thread_test_atomic.patch). I then ran it against sqlsmith. The good
> news: I didn't happen to find any problems in normal use. The bad
> news: I did find a lot of warnings about improper use of functions
> like malloc and free from signal handlers.

There's a reason why we don't offer a threaded server ...  The
postmaster process in particular runs in a rather unusual arrangement,
where most of the interesting stuff does happen in signal handlers.  I
doubt there's any chance that we would make it run in a threaded
environment.