BUG #13539: ERROR: record type has not been registered with CTE and subselect in target list - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From maciek@heroku.com
Subject BUG #13539: ERROR: record type has not been registered with CTE and subselect in target list
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13539
Logged by:          Maciek Sakrejda
Email address:      maciek@heroku.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu 15.04

I'm not sure if this is a legitimate bug, but the error message is unclear.
I've searched for this message and have seen reports of similar errors, but
the SQL is somewhat different, so I thought I'd report it:

maciek=# with foo(a) as (select 1) select (select (foo) from foo).* from
foo;
ERROR:  record type has not been registered

I know how to work around it; just reporting it in the hope of maybe getting
a clearer error.

Thanks!