Re: BUG #13484: Performance problem with logical decoding - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: BUG #13484: Performance problem with logical decoding
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2015-07-06 23:05:27 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> Ugh, I have a theory. I guess you can't easily recompile postgres with a
> patch and test again? I don't have access to windows...

So the problem I'm seing is that there's a typo/bug in
ReorderBufferSerializeTXN(). It closes the filehandle after each
individual spilled file instead of keeping it open for up to 16MB of
WAL. On linux that doesn't hurt particularly much, the file isn't
flushed to disk. Which presumably is why we haven't noticed. But if
windows does that differently...

Greetings,

Andres Freund