Re: Oracle's Biggest Database Foe - Could it be .... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Oracle's Biggest Database Foe - Could it be ....
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:41:22PM -0400, Renee Deger wrote:
> Postgres?!

That's delightful, I suppose, but a lot of us don't get up in the
morning thinking about our "competitors,"[1] or at least I don't.  I
think about making PostgreSQL awesome for the people who will
eventually use it, and if "competitors" happen not to be happy in the
process, it's really not my concern one way or the other.

Cheers,
David.

[1] What does that word even mean in the context of a software project
with no single company behind it and license terms that have helped
people spawn multiple billion-dollar proprietary forks?

Remember to vote!