Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2015-06-11 00:15:21 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the 9.5 release notes.  You can view
> the output here:

I'm looking through all the commits, checking which I think should
possibly be mentioned additionally:
- 9f03ca91 - Speed up CREATE INDEX by avoiding to copy index tuples
- 9da86753 - Reject duplicate column names in foreign key referenced-columns lists. behavioural change, should be
documentedas intentional

- 680513ab - Break out OpenSSL-specific code to separate files. should perhaps be mentioned in the developer section.
- 0709b7ee7 - Change the spinlock primitives to function as compiler barriers. Significant behavioural change for
developers.
- 94028691 - Advance backend's advertised xmin more aggressively. Pretty good feature imo.
- 5028f22f6 - Switch to CRC-32C in WAL and other places. This might have compability impact in some external tools.
- 4f1b890b1 - Unsure if this should be mentioned, at least it's a fairly large change.
- 27846f02 - Optimize locking a tuple already locked by another subxact Several users ran into this slowness, so I
thinkwe should mention the optimization.

Regards,

Andres