Re: Postgres GSSAPI Encryption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Postgres GSSAPI Encryption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robbie,

* Robbie Harwood (rharwood@redhat.com) wrote:
> I've coded up the GSSAPI encryption and is on my github[0].  It's
> missing a number of things before merge, including proper error
> handling, correct ACL behavior (by and large, it currently doesn't
> respect hba.conf), and exposing configuration handles in hba.conf and
> the client for the settings we've talked about above, as well as
> documentation of all that.

Neat!

We're currently focusing on stabilizing for PostgreSQL 9.5, but this
work is great and we'd like to make sure to review it for inclusion
post-9.5.  Our process is that patches are posted to the mailing list
and then an entry is created on http://commitfest.postgresql.org which
references the mailing list post.  This way, we won't forget about the
patch in a month or so, after we've branched off 9.5 and resumed
reviewing development work.

So, when you're ready for it to be reviewed for feedback, please post a
full patch against whatever current master is at the time, and register
the patch in the commitfest application.
Thanks!
    Stephen