Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> There has been some confusion by old and new community members about the
> purpose of the core team, and this lack of understanding has caused some
> avoidable problems.  Therefore, the core team has written a core charter
> and published it on our website:
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/developer/core/
>
> Hopefully this will be helpful to people.

After going over this a few times, there is one thing that strikes me
that nobody has mentioned: the list of tasks mentioned there has one
that's completely unlike the others.  These are related to human
relations:
   Acting as a conduit for confidential communication.   Making policy announcements.   Managing permissions for
commits,infrastructure, etc.   Handling disciplinary issues.   Making difficult decisions when consensus is lacking.

while this one is highly technical:   Coordinating release activities.

It seems that only this last one is where most people seem to have a
problem.  I wonder if it makes sense to create a separate group that
handles release activites -- the "release team."