Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-08 14:18:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> As I saw it, on Friday it was not clear whether we would be able to do a
> release this week.  Now it's Monday, and we still have a rather long list
> of issues

Well, these issues aren't regressions, they're "just" general problems
we need to fix. And some of them are going to require somewhat invasive
changes. Both you and Robert have argued that the regressions should be
fixed first. And by now you've convinced me.

>, and apparently Andres isn't all that happy even with the fixes
> that have gone in, because he still wants more time for testing.

I'm now satisfied that the current HEAD is better than what was released
last time round.

Greetings,

Andres Freund