Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-06-08 14:18:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As I saw it, on Friday it was not clear whether we would be able to do a
>> release this week.  Now it's Monday, and we still have a rather long list
>> of issues

> Well, these issues aren't regressions, they're "just" general problems
> we need to fix. And some of them are going to require somewhat invasive
> changes. Both you and Robert have argued that the regressions should be
> fixed first. And by now you've convinced me.

>> , and apparently Andres isn't all that happy even with the fixes
>> that have gone in, because he still wants more time for testing.

> I'm now satisfied that the current HEAD is better than what was released
> last time round.

If there's general agreement that there are no regressions from
9.4.anything, then perhaps we should put out a release this week.
Wrap today seems out of the question but we could still do it tomorrow
for Friday release.

Given the lack of notice, I doubt that all the packagers would be on board
promptly; but as long as it's not a security release there's no urgent
reason that they all have to be ready at the same time.