Re: [HACKERS] Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert Haas wrote:

> So here's a patch taking a different approach.

I tried to apply this to 9.3 but it's messy because of pgindent.  Anyone
would have a problem with me backpatching a pgindent run of multixact.c?

Also, you have a new function SlruPageExists, but we already have
SimpleLruDoesPhysicalPageExist.  No need for two copies of pretty much
the same code, I think.  Your code uses fstat() instead of
lseek(.., SEEK_END) but the exact technique used is probably not
relevant.

I think I like this approach better than your other patch, FWIW --
mainly because it seems simpler.

Will review.