Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Kehlet wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think a patch like this should be able to fix it ... not tested yet.
> >

> Thanks Alvaro. I got a compile error, so looked for other uses of
> SimpleLruDoesPhysicalPageExist and added MultiXactOffsetCtl, does this look
> right?
>
> +  (!InRecovery || SimpleLruDoesPhysicalPageExist(MultiXactOffsetCtl,
> pageno)))

Meh, I sent you the wrong version of the patch.  Yeah, that's obviously
better.

> It compiled then, but it didn't seem to change anything: postgres gave the
> same errors and still would not start up.

I'm setting up a reproducer for the problem to verify that the patch
fixes it (evidently not).  Maybe I've messed up the conditional or
something else ...