Re: How to exclude blobs (large objects) from being loaded by pg_restore? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: How to exclude blobs (large objects) from being loaded by pg_restore?
Date
List pgsql-general
Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 May 2015 14:12:08 +0000
> Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have a database that has been unloaded using pg_dump. This database has a table with a field defined as "lo".
Whenrestoring this database to another system, we want to avoid loading this particular table as it is very large
(about8GB of blob data) and is not needed on the target system. I tried the following:
> > 1.      Create a list of all the tables in the pg_dump file using the -l option of pg_restore
> > 2.      Edit out the lines corresponding to the said table (with the "lo" column)
> > 3.      Run the pg_restore with the -L option to use the edited list of tables.
> >

> use the -T option of pg_dump?

i think, this isn't a solution.

i HAVE a complete dump, but now i need a restore without the lo - data.
And - you can't create a new dump with -T for several reasons now.

Andreas