Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade: quote directory names in delete_old_cluster script
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:59:26PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I have developed the attached patch to use platform-specific quoting of
> > path names.
>
> Part of me wonders about initdb's existing DIR_SEP and QUOTE_PATH
> definitions ... seems messy to reinvent these things all over again.

I don't think we can reuse QUOTE_PATH as it is used in initdb for
displaying potential ways of starting the server, and it assumes Unix
doesn't need quoting, while Windows usually does.  For an actual script,
we always want to use quoting.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +