Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Agreed.  Here is an attached patch for 9.6 which works for multiple
> LIKE'ed tables with multiple inheritance and index creation.  I figured
> out why Tom's OID primary key test was failing so I now process the
> columns and LIKE first, then the constraints.  There is also no longer a
> dependency on default_with_oids.

It seems to me that waiting for 9.6 for what's arguably a bug fix is too
much.  It's not like this is a new feature.  Why don't we just make sure
it is as correct as possible and get it done for 9.5?  It's not even in
beta yet, nor feature freeze.