BUG #13179: pg_upgrade failure. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From corey.huinker@gmail.com
Subject BUG #13179: pg_upgrade failure.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13179
Logged by:          Corey Huinker
Email address:      corey.huinker@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.6
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04

I am experiencing a pg_upgrade failure 9.3->9.4, that seems to be the same
root cause as BUG #12465: Materialized view dump restoration issue.

I have a SQL immutable function created in the public schema, which returns
a custom enum type that also resides in the public schema. The type is
created correctly, and the function is created correctly.

However, that function is called via a CROSS LATERAL JOIN inside a
materialized view which is in a different  schema. The restoration of that
materialized view fails.