Re: Doubt about AccessExclusiveLock in ALTER TABLE .. SET ( .. ); - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Doubt about AccessExclusiveLock in ALTER TABLE .. SET ( .. );
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 01:17:03PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Attached a very WIP patch to reduce lock level when setting autovacuum
> > reloptions in "ALTER TABLE .. SET ( .. )" statement.
>
> I think the first thing we need to here is analyze all of the options
> and determine what the appropriate lock level is for each, and why.

Agreed.  Fabrízio, see this message for the discussion that led to the code
comment you found (search for "relopt_gen"):
 http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140321034556.GA3927180@tornado.leadboat.com