Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 00:25:09 +0000
"Lavrenz, Steven M" <slavrenz@purdue.edu> wrote:

> I have a second table (TABLE B) with all of the object_ids and channels that are supposed to be reporting in each
day.For cases where a certain channel does not check in, I want to add a column that indicates the comm failure.

Not sure if your context allows it, but if you can change your program's logic, it might be easier to :

-add a boolean field (e.g. 'checked') to table B, set to false
-whenever an object checks in do 'update table B set checked = true where object_id = X and channel = Y'
-run a cron job once a day that
    -runs 'select * from B where checked = false' and stores results somewhere
    -resets B with 'update B set checked = false'

--
                    Salutations, Vincent Veyron

https://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software