Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I haven't followed this effort at all.  Are we on the same page about
backpatching, i.e. we want a minimal patch to apply to the back branches
(which would be 9.0 to 9.4 at this point, I think, right?); and a larger
patch that would apply to 9.5.

Now that I think about this, perhaps it'd be better to apply the same
patch to all branches, and once that's settled (i.e. buildfarmed until
we're sure it works) we refactor things in HEAD.

Speaking of buildfarming the patch -- how are we to actually test this?
As far as I understand, this code only matters when the server is being
run by an administrator account, which the buildfarm code doesn't do ...
So we're going to have to trust testers running stuff manually, right?