Re: Replication fell out of sync - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Kerr
Subject Re: Replication fell out of sync
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 04:06:02PM PDT, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 03:25 PM, David Kerr wrote:
> >Howdy,
> >
> >I had an instance where a replica fell out of sync with the master.
> >
> >Now it's in in a state where it's unable to catch up because the master has already removed the WAL segment.
> >
> >(logs)
> >Mar  2 23:10:13 db13 postgres[11099]: [3-1] user=,db=,host= LOG:  streaming replication successfully connected to
primary
> >Mar  2 23:10:13 db13 postgres[11099]: [4-1] user=,db=,host= FATAL:  could not receive data from WAL stream: FATAL:
requestedWAL segment 000000060000047C0000001F has already been removed

> >I was under the impression that when you setup streaming replication if you specify a restore command like :
restore_command= 'cp /arch/%f %p'

> >Then even if the slave falls out of sync, and the master removes the WAL segment, as long as you can still retrieve
theWAL files, then it can bring itself back into sync.

> >But that doesn't seem to be happening.
> >
> >The restore_command is working
> ># Slave's $PGDATA/pg_xlog/
> >-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 16777216 Mar  2 21:29 000000060000047C0000001F
> >-rwx------ 1 postgres postgres 16777216 Mar  2 23:13 RECOVERYXLOG
>
> Trying to figure out why the error occurred at Mar  2 23:10:13 and
> the file shows a time stamp of Mar  2 21:29, especially since you
> say the WAL segments flew past?
>
> Are there any other WAL files in the slave ~/pg_xlog?

Turns out just that file had gotten corrupt on copy. When i re-pulled it from source life was good.

(phew!)

Thanks all for looking.