Re: Partitioning WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Partitioning WIP patch
Date
Re: Partitioning WIP patch  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-02-26 12:15:17 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 26-02-2015 AM 05:15, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > On 02/24/2015 12:13 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> >> Here is an experimental patch that attempts to implement this.

> > I would love to have it for 9.5, but I guess the
> > patch isn't nearly baked enough for that?

> I'm not quite sure what would qualify as baked enough for 9.5 though we
> can surely try to reach some consensus on various implementation aspects
> and perhaps even get it ready in time for 9.5.

I think it's absolutely unrealistic to get this into 9.5. There's barely
been any progress on the current (last!) commitfest - where on earth
should the energy come to make this patch ready? And why would that be
fair against all the others that have submitted in time?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services