Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dean,

* Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
> Attached is a patch to make RLS checks run before attempting to
> insert/update any data rather than afterwards.

Excellent, this I really like and it's a pretty straight-forward change.
I wonder if there are some documentation updates which need to be done
for this also?  I'm planning to look as I vauguely recall mentioning the
ordering of operations somewhere along the way.

I also addressed the bitrot from the column-priv leak patch.  Would be
great to have you take a look at the latest and let me know if you have
any further comments or suggestions.  I'm definitely looking forward to
getting these changes in soon.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Attachment