Re: NOT NULL markings for BKI columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: NOT NULL markings for BKI columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-02-15 12:31:10 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I was thinking of adding BKI_FORCENOTNULL which would be
> > specified on the attributes you want it. The FORCE in there representing
> > that the default choice is overwritten.
>
> Where are you thinking of sticking that exactly, and will pgindent
> do something sane with it?

Hm, I was thinking about/* extversion should never be null, but the others can be. */text        extversion
PG_FORCENOTNULL;/* extension version name */

but pgindent then removes some of the space between text and extversion,
making ittext extversion PG_FORCENOTNULL;    /* extension version name */
an alternative where it doesn't do that istext        PG_FORCENOTNULL(extversion);    /* extension version name */

Not sure what's the best way here.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services