Re: pgbench -f and vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pgbench -f and vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Agreed. Here is the patch to implement the idea: -f just implies -n.
>
> Some small comments:
> - is_no_vacuum, as well as is_init_mode, are defined as an integers
> but their use imply that they are boolean switches. This patch sets
> is_no_vacuum to true, while the rest of the code actually increment
> its value when -n is used. Why not simply changing both flags as
> booleans? My suggestion is not really related to this patch and purely
> cosmetic but we could change things at the same time, or update your
> patch to increment to is_no_vacuum++ when -f is used.

Yes, I have to admit that the current pgench code is quite confusing
in this regard. I think we should change is_no_vacuum and is_init_mode
to boolean.

> - The documentation misses some markups for pgbench and VACUUM and did
> not respect the 80-character limit.

I didn't realize that there's such a style guide. Although I think
it's a good thing, I just want to know where such a guide is
described.

> Attached is an updated patch with those things changed.

Looks good.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii