Re: more RLS oversights - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: more RLS oversights
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> I happened to notice this morning while hacking that the
> "hasRowSecurity" fields added to PlannerGlobal and PlannedStmt have
> not been given proper nodefuncs.c support.  Both need to be added to
> outfuncs.c, and the latter to copyfuncs.c.  The latter omission may
> well be a security bug, although I haven't attempted to verify that,
> but fortunately this isn't released yet.

I saw this and will address it.  Would be great if you wouldn't mind
CC'ing me directly on anything RLS-related, same as you CC'd me on the
column-privilege backpatch.  I expect I'll probably notice anyway, but
I'll see them faster when I'm CC'd.

I agree that it's great that we're catching issues prior to when the
feature is released and look forward to anything else you (or anyone
else!) finds.
Thanks!
    Stephen