Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 03:31:42PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > This sounds like the exact right patch.  However, since it has a lot of
> > Windows-specific code, and we don't have any Windows experts, I am not
> > sure how this can be applied.
>
> Are you saying we will remove the Windows port?  That sounds awesome,
> thanks!  If you need help, I will volunteer on the spot, just LMK.

:-)

Well, I _am_ saying that historically patches that touch the innards of
the Windows API are rarely applied as we can't evaluate or maintain the
code.  I can probably come up with an example if you want.  The
Windows-specif code we do carry is required and was developed by people
that are no longer as involved.

  + Everyone has their own god. +