Re: Check that streaming replica received all data after master shutdown - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Check that streaming replica received all data after master shutdown
Date
List pgsql-general
Vladimir Borodin wrote:

> I’m not sure that these 104 bytes will always be 104 bytes to have a
> strict equality while checking. Could it change in the future?

There is no promise that WAL record format stays unchanged.  Sometimes
we change a WAL record in a minor release.

> Or is there a better way to understand that streaming replica received
> all data after master shutdown? The check that pg_xlog_location_diff
> returns 104 bytes seems a bit strange.

I guess you could pg_xlogdump the difference and verify that it is a
shutdown checkpoint record.  As far as I remember there should always be
one at the end of recovery.