Re: Does anyone user pg-pool II on real production ? Please help me. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Does anyone user pg-pool II on real production ? Please help me.
Date
List pgsql-general
tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone user pg-pool II on real production ?
> How many slave do you have? and how many size of database ?

a little bit, one client, some hundred GB. 2-3 years in production mode
without problems.

> I need config my old retail system to support ~ 1500 user with 1000GB over 4
> years. I want to try pgpool-II but don't found real system use it.
>
> My system use direct SQL SELECT query and a lot pg procedure. Can pgpool-II
> support load balance from SELECT my_procedure() ...

Yes it can. But it doesn't know if your functions are read-only or write
to the database - so you have to configure it (black/white - list)

Read the docu - it's well ducumented.

Andreas