Re: Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted
Date
List pgsql-general
Jayadevan M <maymala.jayadevan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Replication is working fine. The trigger file does get created by the failover
> script when I shut down the primary. But I just keep getting these entries in
> the log file in the slave and it does not get promoted.
> FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: could not connect to server:
> Connection refused
>
> Any suggestions?

I think your replication based only on the wal-files but no streaming
replication, do you have a entry in the pg_hba.conf on the master for
the client? Something like

#local   replication     postgres                                trust
#host    replication     postgres        127.0.0.1/32            trust
#host    replication     postgres        ::1/128                 trust

(but without the comment-sign)

Andreas