Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jayadevan M
Subject Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted
Date
Re: Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I have streaming replication set up, with PostgreSQL 9.3. The entries in recovery.conf on the slave are as follows -
standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=127.0.0.1 port=2345 user=postgres password=password'
restore_command = 'cp /pgdata/archive/%f "%p"'
trigger_file = ‘/tmp/down.trg’

In postgresql.conf on the slave, I have set
hot_standby = on

Replication is working fine. The trigger file does get created by the failover script when I shut down the primary. But I just keep getting these entries in the log file in the slave and it does not get promoted.
FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: could not connect to server: Connection refused

Any suggestions?

One more doubt -

In https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication, it says
"
# Note that recovery.conf must be in $PGDATA directory.
# It should NOT be located in the same directory as postgresql.conf
"
postgresql.conf is in $PGDATA. So they will be in the same directory?

Regards,
Jayadevan