Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 04:52:58PM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> >Uh, what if the system is compiled on a different CPU that it
> >is
> >run on?  Seems we would need a run-time CPU test.
>
> That's the cpuid thing mentioned above.

Is this something that could potentially change the data stored on disk?
Does pg_upgrade need to check for changes in this area?  Is the
detection exposed by pg_controldata?  Could this affect running the data
directory on a different CPU?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +